Frequently Asked Questions
Which Package is Right for Me?
Our packages are structured to cover a range of requirements and budgets. Here’s our recommendation for how you can choose…
This package is suitable for those who are happy to choose a design, enter their own content and modify the site’s page layouts themselves. If you need colour customisation or professionally laid out pages, you can purchase this separately as an add-on.
The Personal package comes with 500MB web space that is suitable for a decent sized website with photo galleries or downloadable documents. Fast hosting and a co.uk domain with renewal are included.
Small Business Package
This package is our recommended package for most small businesses, whether for individuals or a small team. Professional designers will lay out up to 5 of your main pages, including stock photography for a speedy launch and quality design. We’ll set up your business on Google My Business if not already registered. A full width homepage slider allows you to promote your key services or products. We’ll install Google Analytics for you so you can monitor how your site is used. A higher complexity form can be set up in addition to your simple contact form, so you can collect more detailed information, and then integrate the form’s output to a variety of 3rd party web applications via Zapier. 1GB web space and a co.uk domain name is included. Finally, you can request free WordPress plugins* to be installed on your site to expand it’s functionality – you only pay for more complex plugins to be configured.
*any new functionality must be approved for compatibility and security.
Medium Business Package
This package is ideal for those who need an ecommerce solution to sell products or services online. We integrate WooCommerce with Stripe or PayPal for an excellent and easy-to-use online store solution that’s highly affordable and professional. In addition, our designers will lay out up to 8 of your main pages for you. We’ll also colour-code your site’s colours to match your branding. 5GB hosting is included and so is a premium domain name of your choice. 3 higher complexity forms allow you to collect detailed information from customers and integrate your website with other web applications via Zapier. We’ll also give you priority support.
How long will it take to build my new website?
Your website can be built extremely quickly. Expect to be able to see your site in it’s basic form within two business days. After this, the time it takes to get your site live is dependant upon a number of factors including:
- How long it takes you to prepare your content – this is the most influential factor in determining the length of time it takes to get your site ready for launch.
- How long it takes to approve design changes
- How long it takes to set up any additional functionality
- How long it takes to test and iron out any issues before launch
Most websites can be ready within a month if content is provided in a timely manner.
How much of my site do I have to build myself?
This depends on your package…
Personal Package – You will be responsible for adding all your content and arranging it as you like it with the visual editor. The design you choose will come with a default layout that you can use, or you can modify it to suit your needs.
Small Business Package – your site comes with a default layout, but we can also modify this layout for you to suit your requirements during the setup process. We will also lay out up to 5 of your main pages (including the homepage) for you to help get your site ready for launch more quickly and provide a more professional look.
Medium Business Package – your site comes with a default layout, but we can also modify this layout for you to suit your requirements during the setup process. We will also lay out up to 8 of your main pages (including the homepage) for you to help get your site ready for launch more quickly and provide a more professional look.
All our themes feature a visual builder, allowing you to modify the layout visually whilst browsing the site. This is cutting edge technology and is quick and intuitive to use. You also have the choice of editing your pages using WordPress’ own content editor – a simple text box with MS Word style toolbar or the theme’s drag and drop interface which gives you the same level of control over your content as the visual editor but is more menu driven than visual.
Is there a set up fee?
No. It works a lot like Netflix!
Can I use another theme other than those on Deluxe Web?
Currently we don’t allow the use of any other themes than the exclusive designs on our site. This is for a number of reasons involving compatibility, security, speed and the fact that we know our themes very well – they also provide some of the best flexibility and ease-of-use of any themes available today.
What if I have an existing domain name?
if you have an existing domain that you want to use with your site, you can leave it where it is and simply point the nameservers to our server. This means that you don’t need to transfer it to us. It also means that if you have existing email set up at your domain’s current location, that you can leave it as it is and simply point the domain to your new website on our servers.
We can purchase and renew a new domain name for you if you don’t want to use your current domain name, or simply don’t have one.
Can I install whatever plugin I like?
You can request a particular plugin or functionality and we will check out what is available, or a specific plugin you have mentioned to ensure that it is compatible and secure. If it passes our checks we will install it to your site and ensure it works. Sometimes we can do this free of charge (if the set up process is minimal). Otherwise we may invoice you for the setup. We’ll try to give you an idea of this before proceeding with installation.
If the plugin you have requested is not a free plugin from the WordPress plugin repository, you will need to purchase the license to use the plugin in addition to any setup fees required.
What happens if I want to cancel?
Since Deluxe Web is a pay-as-you-go service, you can cancel at any time and we don’t hook you into a minimum contract. We ask that you contact us through our support forms in advance if you want to cancel. Your site will be active until the end of the billing period, during which time we will provide you with your content including any images or banner designs so you can import this to another site elsewhere. The design of the website itself is owned by Deluxe Web and the license to use the theme is non transferrable so you cannot take the site elsewhere in its entirety.
Where necessary, we can provide you with FTP access to specific folders of content so you can download files. We can also make your files available to you as a zip archive if preferred.
Can you tell me about your hosting?
Our hosting is powered by fully managed high spec dedicated Cloud Linux servers running Litespeed with comprehensive security and backup procedures in place. Server uptime is monitored around the clock and any problems are proactively dealt with as soon as they are flagged.
Litespeed caching is installed on all our sites to make them super fast.
How do I pay?
We take our subscription payments by card only, on a monthly schedule payable through Stripe.
If your payment is late we will issue a late payment notice. If we still haven’t received your payment after 15 days, we will suspend your site. If no payment is received after 30 days, we will cancel your site and remove your files from our server.
Can I pay annually?
We currently only take monthly payments as this avoids binding you into a year long contract.
Do I get administrator access?
We give you Editor level access to the WordPress Dashboard which allows you to do a great many things without all the technical settings getting in the way. Let’s face it, if you are a power-user, you can most likely run your own WordPress site!
Do you provide email?
We provide email forwarding. Email sent to your forwarding address will be forwarded to your personal email. We can also set up Google Mail for you if you would like to use this as a mail account for your business. Email forwarding works beautifully with GMail to give you multiple email addresses that you can send from, all from the same email account. This is often a much better than the bundled email account services you get with hosting. It also means that if you decide to leave us, your Gmail account will not be affected – just set up new forwarders at your next hosting provider and off you go.
If you would prefer to use your own email server elsewhere, just let us know the MX records and we’ll point your domain’s email to your external service.
Can I change my package?
You can upgrade your package whenever you like and we will make available to you any additional functionality that is included within the new package. However, any custom design will not be included if your site is already live.
We currently do not allow clients to downgrade due to the nature of our pay-as-you-go service.
How should I provide my logo?
Sending us the best quality logo files you can will enable us to represent your logo at its best on your website.
We prefer high resolution files, preferably with the logo on a transparent background so that our designers can incorporate it easily against the background of your site.
We accept the following standard file formats:, JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), Vector (.eps), PDF.
Generally, designers use a program called Illustrator to design your logo.
Adobe Illustrator is a vector based program, and the benefit of this is that vector-based images can be resized both larger and smaller without diminishing the quality.
Please contact the designer who created your logo and ask them to give you your logo design in the format that we require, as this will ensure that we can incorporate it effectively.
If you don’t have a logo, check out www.freelogoservices.com.
Different designs have different logo dimensions, and so we are restricted by the modifications we can make.
Where appropriate we will give you logo area dimensions for your logo designers.
Do you provide custom web design?
Whilst we don’t provide custom website design, we can modify the layout of your homepage to suit your requirements – available to Small and Medium Business package clients. We can also modify the colours used in your design as part of our Colour Matching add-on.
You’re also able to use the visual editor to edit the layout of any of your pages yourself.
How does your support work?
Our customer charter sets out our commitment to you:
- ALL support requests are managed via a queueing system or a first come first served basis.
- We respond to and action all support requests and e-mails within 48hrs.
- We keep you informed if we cannot complete your enquiry or request within 48hrs, giving you an estimated time of completion.
- If you submit a support request between a FRIDAY morning and MONDAY morning, due to the volume of support requests over a weekend, the very latest your support request will be completed by, is the close of business on TUESDAY.
- From time to time we my schedule a specific time to batch complete support requests on your behalf.
- We don’t use complicated web design language; we break things down so that they are easy to understand.
- We respond to feedback and any complaints by being polite and courteous.
- If a service isn’t clearly listed on our website, we do not provide it.
You can help us by:
- Logging all of your support requests using our support request forms.
- Making sure that any requests you make of us are clear.
- Making sure that if you work as part of a team, you agree instructions before they are sent to us to avoid mis-communication.
- Providing us with requested information as soon as possible so that we can assist you quickly.
- Being polite and courteous.
- Suggesting ways in which we can improve our service.
What does your support include?
We provide assistance throughout the stages of your website’s development process.
- We provide access to forms for you to tell us about your business and your design and functionality preferences.
- We can explain anything that seems difficult to get to grips with and provide answers to any questions you may have.
- We can advise on a design choice if required.
During the Design Phase
- We’ll listen to what you want to achieve and customise your layouts and colours (if applicable) to suit your branding.
- We’ll advise on what will work best in our experience.
- We can provide stock photography and design your slider banners
During the Content Phase
- We can provide resources to help you write your content
- We can provide guides and how-tos for using WordPress to lay out your content
- We can troubleshoot any problems you encounter.
During the Development Process
- We can install and configure plugins and functionality to meet your requirements.
- Integrate third party apps and social media
After Your Site is Launched
- We can assist you with any queries you have about the service
- Help you get the most out of WordPress
- Install and configure any new required plugins or third party apps
- Troubleshoot any issues you may encounter with the site, the theme or WordPress.
- Configure and maintain your hosting to provide a fast efficient service
- Maintain your site’s security and protect against hackers and fraudsters.
- In the unlikely event that your site is compromised via hacking or spam, we’ll clean it and fix it.
What Can’t We Do?
- We don’t add content or change the layout for you except during the design and development phases for our Small or Medium Business package clients. That’s your remit and we provide you with some intuitive and easy-to-use tools to do that. However, it is possible to purchase add-ons such as Colour Matching or Individual Page Design once the site is live.
What if I don't have any images?
For Personal clients, you will need to source images yourself as we don’t provide any design work, photography or stock imagery on this package. Check out stock photography services such as www.istockphoto.com or www.123rf.com.
Small and Medium Business packages feature 5 and 8 pages of professionally laid out pages which we will also provide stock photography for.
Medium Business package customers have access to a photography session (local to Bristol and South Gloucestershire only). This service can also be purchased as an add-on.
Can I change my site design?
Once we have built your site, if you decide that you would prefer another design, we will need to charge you a redevelopment fee. If this is before any customisation work has been done on any of your pages, this will be £50. If we have completed customisation work on your site already, this will be £250 as we will need to repeat the customisation process.
Can you help me write content?
Writing content for a website can be challenging. We provide some helpful resources for writing content for frequently used website pages in our support area.